Not too long ago I did this fun summer post over at 30 days (by the way she is wrapping up an awesome giveaway week). Today it is going to be 90 DEGREES and HUMID and MUGGY. YUCK.
This calls for some serious cool refreshment.
Drinking water is good, but these are WAY better.
Whip up a batch of Kool-Aid Slurpees. They are super easy, super yummy, and your kiddos can help you make them.
You will need:
1 packet of Kool-Aid, your choice
2 cups club soda
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups crushed ice
To make this sweet summer drink--
1. Pour Kool-Aid, sugar, and 1 cup of club soda into a blender and blend on high until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add all of the crushed ice and blend until smooth.
3. Add last cup of club soda, blend.
4. Stare longingly at your soon to be drink.
5. HARDEST PART- put it in the freezer for 30 minutes for perfect consistency. If you are making 1 batch, just keep it in the blender to freeze.
Stir slightly, pour into a cup, and add a straw. Now it is time to serve it up to your kiddos.
Okay, so go ahead and make one for yourself. Picture courtesy of my 6 year old...I do actually have eyes and a forehead.
Can you say "Ahhhh, refreshing"?
You know what else is good to do on a hot day...well besides hanging out poolside...
Go and VOTE for me.
This weeks competition is wrapping up and I sure wouldn't mind all the votes I can get. Remember even if you already voted this week...you can vote each day, so go on over and vote again. PUH-lease.
Okay I am all done, you can go back to your beverage and suntanning now.